Friday, April 29, 2011

The Not-So-Usual Suspects...

Yesterday while reading the techniques section in my new favorite book (The Fantasy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible, hereon known as TFAFDB) I had an idea while looking at page 44 and 45 on relative proportions of fantasty characters, it reminded me of a police lineup...so here are the suspects, a female drow Elf, a dourhand dwarf and a dark wizard....I don't even want to imagine what the crime was ::shudders::


I took a break from the water colors and used my Faber-Castel artist pens (less pretentiously known as markers).  I'm reasonably happy with the outcome, but I'm most pleased with the dwarf...I'm apparently better at drawing people shorter than I am....which considerable limits things  seeing as I'm 5'3", so I will work on taller beings some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment