Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Molly Weasley's Enchanted Knitting Needles...

It's no secret that I'm obsessed with knitting, I'm knitting all the time and I love to knit for friends and family....however there are not enough hours in the day to do everything that needs getting done AND knit everything I'd like too.  So you could imagine I'm more than a little jealous of Molly's magicked knitting needles that do the work for her, not fair.  And I love that Hermione learns to knit both manually and with magic because she was knitting elf hats in the summer and couldn't use magic.  So I played around in Corel Painter with the "oil pastel" brushes and came up with this:

It's a bit rough looking but that's on purpose, I wanted it to look more like an old masters painting, like Van Gogh's bedroom studies. Below are two photos, one of the living room in the burrow I used as reference and the other is Van Gogh's bedroom to show you what I mean:

No comments:

Post a Comment