Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Disney Style Chimera

In Greek Mythology the Chimera is a fire breathing creature with the body of a lioness, a tail that ends with a snakes head and a goat's head coming out of it's back.  It's siblings are Cerberus and the Hydra.   The term Chimera has developed a more general meaning of "impossible" or "foolish" fantasy.  There is also something known as a genetic Chimera where one organism can have multiple sets of genes, which is utterly fascinating to me, a person who is a Chimera is technically more than one person, there is much more to it and if you want to learn about chimerism go here.  I started drawing this Chimera in the style I used for my alphabet, but then I had a lightbulb go off...a lion, a goat, a snake....those were all in Disney movies right?  And so I made a Disney-fied Chimera, because that's the kind of thing crazy people who draw do, lol.

1 comment: