Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tree of Life: Book of Kells

In May of 2001 I was in Ireland for 10 days as part of a landscape photography course, while there I purchased a book called Celtic Art: The methods of construction by George Bain (My father in law bought the same book, here in the US).  However, until today I never really used it...today it helped me make a Celtic Tree of Life similar to the ones depicted in the Book of Kells. The concept of a tree of life as a many-branched tree illustrating the idea that all life on earth is related has been used in sciencereligion,philosophymythology, and other areas. My name is Teresa and one of my many nicknames is Tree, I love trees and have long been fascinated by the tree of life...this may be a new project, to experiment with the different trees in different cultures.  How appropriate to start on St. Patrick's day with the Celtic Tree of Life:



No comments:

Post a Comment