Saturday, January 29, 2011

A is for Asrai...

It's my 50th post! I'm halfway to 100, and I just came up with an idea.  For a little while my blog is going to be a bit more specific.  I want to do a digital drawing of a mythical beast for every letter of the alphabet, yep all 26 of them.  I will still be doing photo manipulations, just much less of them and much more digital art.  I think this is just what I need, I was beginning to rely to heavily on the photo manipulations, so this should shake things up and challenge me.

After much deliberation (and suggestions from friends, thank you Karyn S)  I settled on "Asrai" for A. According to Wikipedia "In English folklore an Asrai is a type of aquatic fairy, similar in some ways to mermaidsnixiesselkiessirens or morgens."  I'm choosing a very simple style.  I felt the dot made it modern and reminded me of playful children's alphabet images, but the image itself is done in silhouette and reminds me of Greek pottery, I think it works.



No comments:

Post a Comment