Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Someone's Been A Bad Girl...

The fourth Pirates of the Carribean movie just came out (haven't seen it yet) along with the accompanying video games.  Seeing all the trailers and hullabalou has it on my mind, and last night when I couldn't sleep I kept thinking about the first one, which is still my favorite, and all those spiffy undead skeleton pirates...then I tried to remember if I'd seen any female ones...nope.  Yes, I know that traditionally female pirates were incredibly rare, but they did happen sometimes and I wanted to have a bit of fun.  So, I found a fantastic reference and went with it.  I'm very pleased with the result, it's graphite and watercolor pencils on multimedia paper, and it was much fun. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. She looks like a nasty pirate I wouldn't like to fight her in a battle?

    Great drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not! Never fight something that can't die!

    And thank you!

    ReplyDelete