Friday, July 1, 2011

The White Rabbit at the End of the Tunnel

This week has been a rough art week, I don't want to get into it but there's been many distractions, so here is the third image of the week, I'd like to say I'll make up for it over the (holiday) weekend, but I'd probably be lying.  Anyway, today I had fun with Corel painter 11. More specifically I had fun with the pens in Corel.  I've missed drawing with pen and ink, but it's so messy, this had that rough scritchy-scratchy look I love without the black under my finger nails, win!  I especially had fun with the Coit Pen 3, which as near as I can tell means 3 pronged or rake, it was fun.  I created a tunnel with it and the most logical thing to put in the tunnel? Alice of course!  Oh, and another thing, I used NO REFERENCES for this, I was inspired by Lewis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland, but I avoided looking at the images, I drew the rabbit and the girl completely feom my head, I didn't even get help for her pose, I am very proud....and her feet were a pain in my tush.

1 comment: