Thursday, June 16, 2011

Anne Bonny

Anne Bonny was an Irish woman who became a famous female pirate, operating in the Caribbean. What little is known of her life comes largely from A General History of the Pyrates. I know she isn't technically a fantasy but like Paul Bunyan and Davy Crocket she has become more of a myth and a legend than just a historical figure, many of the stories attributed to her are fabricated or elaborated.  While she was a fiery and passionate red headed woman who was a female renegade for the times she did NOT murder her maid, lol.  So, here's my comic book like portrayal of Anne Bonnie, drawn in pencil first and then rendered in photoshop.  Oh this wonderful pose is thanks to Posemaniacs which I'm now addicted to, it's 30 second drawing exercise is helping me, I recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment