Friday, June 24, 2011

Flattery Friday: James C. Christensen

I know, I know, the original purpose of this blog was to post image made by ME every weekday.  But I really really want to share some of my favorite fantasy artists with everyone and give an insight into the people who inspire me.  Today I want to share an amazing modern American artist, James C. Christensen whose focus is on fairy tales, mythology and  folklore.  James Christensen's paintings are so whimsical and detailed, for me his paintings are a perfect example of modern folklore.  I love the jewel tone shades he tends to use and the way he exaggerates the roundness of many of his characters. It is hard to just pick a few painting to share but I narrowed it down to five, they are all available for sale here and you can also follow his blog!

Icarus Bound

If Pigs could Fly

 Outside the Box

 Poofy Guy on a Short Leash

The Blind Leading the Blind

No comments:

Post a Comment