Monday, June 13, 2011

A Boy and His Dragon

The inspiration for today's artwork name is Eli, he's a young second cousin of my husbands and was at a baby shower I attended yesterday.  The weather was nice enough to have the shower outside and the yard we were in had a scenic, but very steep ravine...don't worry this story does not end badly..it ends comically. Eli had a stuffed dragon and while presents were being opened he decided to throw his stuffed dragon down the hill/ravine.  Luckily it did not fall far and his mother retrieved it.  I asked her when she came back "Did he think it would fly?" and she said "No, he was trying to feed the bigger dragon that lives in the ravine."   This really tickled me, to the point I can't stop thinking of Eli and his cannibalistic dragon, this drawing is a little scary and a bit reminiscent of Puff the Magic Dragon.  I used photoshop for the lineart and Corel draw for the coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment