Friday, December 24, 2010

Grindylow, Goblet of Fire style

Continuing the aquatic theme I decided to do another watercolor with spirulina powder (which by the way is a bit difficult working with the powder) because I like that it smells like the sea and the color is perfect. If my poor brushes could talk they’d probably say “Painting with seaweed AGAIN? Can’t we switch to coffee or something?”  So I did some research on mythical sea creatures and found the Grindylow.  The Grindylow is originally an Old English bogeyman sort of creature who was reported to live in the bottom of lakes and pounds and snatch children from the shore. This fellow has become very popular after his appearance in “The Goblet of Fire”  the fourth movie in the Harry Potter series.  My version is based on that because I liked the look of him.



No comments:

Post a Comment