Thursday, December 9, 2010

Magic in the Reading

It has been a long time since I've made a photo manipulation.  For those not in the know a photo manipulation is when an artist uses other artists stock photos, brushes and other tools to create a new image.  For me it's a great way to get creative juices flowing and I love that it feels like I'm collaborating with artists and turning their work into something they didn't think of but will hopefully like, I can't thank them enough it's huge that they trust complete strangers with their images and don't ask for anything but a link back. DeviantArt is an amazing community that makes these things possible and here is my post on DeviantArt with links to all the wonderful people who had a hand in this image:



This is a detail shot of the photo manipulation I have entitle "Magic in the Reading", to see the full version please click on the above link to view on my DA page.  Yes this is Harry Potter fanart, I was trying to capture that magical and fantastic feeling many fans feel when they first read the series and become immersed in that world.


No comments:

Post a Comment