Tuesday, December 7, 2010

So there's this book...

A little about me, I turned 30 this year. I've been married for one year since October to a man I've known for 7 years total, his name is Allan and he's my biggest supporter and motivator when it comes to being creative and artistic...and so he bought me this book, a book called :365, A Daily Creativity Journal; Make Something Everyday and Change Your Life: by Noah Scalin.  Noah Scalin famously embarked on a year of a Skull a Day and made some amazingly creative things.  http://skulladay.blogspot.com/

For my project I decided to build on something I love and that is fantasy, I love to read it, play fantasy games and draw mythological animals.  I love gnomes, fairies, dragons, griffins, etc.   So each day I will make something fantastical.  I draw, paint with watercolors, paint in photoshop, do photo manipulations, have worked with clay....so the possibilities are near endless here.  I'm very excited and hope I can pass some of that excitement onto others, I welcome opinions and suggestions and I hope to have people hold me accountable, because I would love to do this for one whole year, this will be a great adventure.

For my first day I looked around me and used a material I have an awful lot of, namely yarn.  I am a knitter and my yarn stash is omnipresent in my space.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment