Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My First Wand...

As a Harry Potter fan I've been wanting to make a wand for awhile.  I'm also a knitter and about a year ago my guy bought me a set of gorgeous rosewood dpns.  All was blissfull and good but there was an incident, where I won't name names....or butts for that matter and one of them was sat on.  Luckily the person who did the sitting was fine, but the needle didn't make it:


However this was easily turned into a positive considering this is the perfect color for a Ginny Weasley wand replica and at 8" it is just a half inch shorter than her wand!  Also, I have polymer clay and reasonable abilities with it, so tada, here is the wand.


So, it isn't perfect and I can think of some things I'll do different next time, but not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment